The root chakra affects your overall vitality and well-being.
Balancing your root chakra builds a solid foundation for all your other chakra centers. Using crystals for your root chakra is a way to bring balance and harmony to your body.
Emotionally: The root chakra is associated with your feelings of security, grounding, and confidence. This chakra contains the imprints of not only of your early childhood, but of past lives as well.
Physically: The root chakra is the control center of your physical body. Your muscles, bones, and blood are energized and strengthen by the root chakra.
Spiritually: The root chakra it is said to be the seat of the kundalini energy — transcending your physical nature and bringing you to greater levels of consciousness.
The root chakra is typically associated with the color red.
[Read more about the healing properties of red crystals: Power of Color]
The root chakra, is also called the basic chakra or first chakra. In Sanskrit it is called the Muladhara.
Below are 5 signs your root chakra may be out of balance (and what to do about it!)
Signs That Your Root Chakra Is Out Of Balance
The root chakra is like the root of a tree. If the tree root is weak, the tree is weak. If your root chakra is weak, the body is weak.
Signs your root chakra may be out of balance:
- You may feel tired, run down, and lack enthusiasm for life.
- Physically, you may feel cold, have aches in pains in the muscles and joints, or have wounds that are slow to heal.
- Your immune system may be low, leaving you vulnerable to catching the latest cold or flu that is going around.
- Emotionally, you may feel as if you don’t belong, feel disconnected, and distrustful of others.
- You may be worried about your personal survival and security.
Crystals For Your Root Chakra
Stones that are dark or red are generally associated with the root chakra. These include:
- Smoky Quartz -Red Garnet -Hematite -Red Jasper -Ruby -Rhodonite -Bloodstone -Black Tourmaline -Black Onyx
Always trust your intuition when selecting a stone! It may be that you need to balance your root chakra with stones associated with other chakras. Do what feels right to you!