Geode Crystals make a lovely addition to your crystal collection, especially when you get to make your own!
Making your own Geode Crystals is simple and fun. It only requires a few ingredients, that can easily be bought on-line (see Amazon links at the end of this article) or at a craft store.
Here is a simple crystal that I made with friends. I plan on adding color to the next batch!
Overview of how to make your own Geode Crystals
- Form the geode shell using polymer clay.
- Place the geode shell in an oven to harden (instructions on the clay box).
- After the shell is hard, coat the inside with glue.
- Dust Alum powder over the glue.
- Place the coated geode into a mixture of Alum and water (one cup hot water to 1/2 cup Alum) for several hours. Add food coloring if you want.
- When the crystals are the size you want, take it out to dry.
The following video, walks you through the process step-by-step.